Monday 15 February 2010

Blitz party #5, January 28th 2010


Well, the first Blitz of 2010 was another fantastic night. Okay, so I had maybe one too many cocktails and can't remember an awful lot of it, but I'm assured by all my friends that it was another marvelous night, as per usual.

This time I wore my wide-legged '40s sailor trousers by Tara Starlet , a sheer black '30s style blouse from H&M many moons ago, and my Liberty, Equality, Fraternity hat with silk dupion rosette (I was channeling a sort of French resistance, SOE fighter vibe!). Cara and Bridget went as Rosie the Riveter and in my handmade '40s style nurses outfit that I made for an earlier Blitz. Recycling and rotating costumes is the way to go!

As usual music was provided by the ever fabulous Twin and Tonic, and Ta Mere - we all had a good dance - some friends of mine especially so, being the most impressive Lindy Hop dancers I know, they received a well-deserved round of applause at the end of their dance.

Roll on March 24th and the next party - really cannot wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment